Monday, January 23, 2006

The very first time!

I gave my very first time to my camp GL from years ago. My very first time attending the wedding dinner of a friend. My very first red letter bomb!!!

It was a simple affair. SImple but still sweet. I figured he must have gone to the gym everyday for many many days to prep for this dinner.. because frankly.. yesterday was the leanest he had been in a long time i think.. haha.. Not only women go for facials and diet to prepare for their big day. Men too must pump some iron and shed that belly to look good in THE suit.

The bride was radiant. Happy and radiant. Her skin fab, her hair very very long and rebonded. And she made me feel BIG, not BIG ehm, but BIG sized when I shook her hand, cos her hand was so tiny and soft that I felt my hand enveloped hers! (So shocked! Aahhh!)

By the way, moi here got my money's worth with a double serving of shark's fin soup cos 2 girls from our table 'migrated' to another table. So table 13 had 8 instead of 10 people, hence extras of everything.. Since the folks at table 13 all knew moi has a healthy appetite, one of whom very kindly/unkindly reminded everyone with "Remember who was the one who always got hungry during Insinyur Camp??", I was given "priority" to 2nd helpings. It was very shiok when everyone dispensed with the overdose of formality you get during dinners like this and tucked in normally. Esp the prawns bit, thankfully nobody act niang with chopsticks and spoil market, else it would have taken forever to shell one pathetic prawn!

Holding the box of wedding choc like a goon!
While watching the video clip of the bride and groom, it seemed so amazing that somehow fate brought 2 people together, they fall in love and decide to spend the rest of their lives together. The groom had put together the clip himself, not exactly the most pro thing you see, but its made with a lot of love. The last line sums it all up simply with "The happiest thing in life is to love and be loved in return".

Sitting there with the same group of people I knew 4 years ago, it dawned on me just how much we had grown in 4 years and how fast time really flies.

On a lighter note, I finally laid my hands on the promised box of Krispy Cream Donuts. The 4 donuts had barely survived the journey back and a couple of them looked rather deflated by the time I got it. I polished them off anyway that night, AFTER the wedding dinner!, cos I figured they won't last another night. Despite the less than fantastic condition, the cream filled donut with chocolate coating on top tasted great. Absolutely sinful stuff! Maybe I'm deluded but i think i did compensate with a super duper long walk.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, u ate them all yourself? tsk tsk.

33 said...

of cos i shared! haha.. thanks ger..

sheepo tan said...

ooh girl... u've eaten krispy kreme??? i haven't even tasted the hot pipping ones in atlanta!! only bought the ones off the shelf in the supermarket... sobz...