Saturday, April 01, 2006

My mei mei's first bottle of perfume

** After Ck One, Calvin Klein is launching mK1, a new fragrance which will be in stores next month, along with a promotional roadshow at Orchard. As part of the pre-launch, customers will be able to purchase a full-sized bottle at less than a fraction of the price --> $19.90. (recommended selling price: $109).
To top it off, the second bottle is free.

Sounds like a great deal? Hurry hurry, while stocks last!


.... .... .... .... .... .... ... ... ...
And so the story goes,
My mei mei was at Orchard with her best pal Poh Ching, when a 'pretty young lass with nice rebonded hair' approached them with this wonderful offer outside TANGS.

After the sales pitch, my mei mei proceded to ask 'Is it real?'. (*Laughs*)
The pretty lass replied ' of cos its real, if fake, i'll fake chanel lah!'

Hence, the 2 stupid naive gers bought 2 bottles. (My mei mei's friend even called her mum to discuss first.) Cos the 2nd is FREE! And parted with 10 bucks each.

>>> >>> >>> >>> >>>


My mei mei showed off her purchase the moment she got home.
"JIE!!!! Do you KNOW how much my CALVIN KLEIN perfume cost???" she screeched.
"Waa, CK? U got so much $$$???
"I show you.."

She flashed the box at me like a trophy! (so auntie rite? haha)

"mK1???" I asked ... "It looks fake to me ..."
"No lah, the ger said ... " (The opening speech --> ** refer to top)

I had to spend a good 15min convincing her how fake her fake perfume is.





Further examination of the packaging ...
Disclaimer at the back of the box

Granted they wrote it in like 5 languages?! And in good English too.

Bloody... the spray just screams 'CHEAP'



Now my mei mei has always claimed to be smart, reason being

1. She always claims to be in the top 8% cos she's in RV, and in dunno the top ? % of RV, hence = one of the top %.

2. She don't need tuition unlike moi who somehow can't do well for MATHS and hence had Maths tuition until my parent couldn't afford to pay the rates when it got more and more expensive in upper sec and jc.

3. Her Chinese teacher thinks she's smart too, sending her for competitons and all.

So well, i concede yes she's smart in certain things but downright dumb at some ..

LIKE THIS ONE

*Laughs*

Oh my .. im really having a field day over this. Pardon me. I was laughing all the way while watching the crap show shen2 yi1 xia2 nu3 as she called her best pal to repeat to her best friend what i had JUST told her. They're even planning to go down to the NPP tomorrow. Both of them are in NPCC. See the irony?

The point is people buy fake Rolex watches and LV bags knowing they are fake, hoping to pass them off as real.
My mei mei bought fake perfume believing its real...


.
.
.
.
.
.


MK ONE???



PS: The above article is written with my mei mei's approval.

By the way it smells awful too. Left this weird metallic smell after the initial fragrance (which is actually quite nice) wore off.


No comments: