Friday, February 10, 2006

Marcom disaster!

Today, I finally tended to the 'flower' booth after abandoning my poor partner to wilt by herself for 2 consecutive days. (Sorry ger...)

After a couple of hiccups in setting up, I started to stake my territory on the shared 'booth' ... Armed with some 'props' which i had unearthed ...

1. Small Forever Frenz Bear holding a heart

2. "Matching" Forever Frenz Card holding 'blossoms'

3. Cheesy n Shiny Heart shaped box-cover for the bear to 'sit' on

4. A shiny purplish sash i never wore. (As table-cloth)

5. Very fake heart-shaped pendent n chain

6. Faux Jewellery boxes with no brand names on them (so we won't be advertising for Perlini's)

7. Beads to sprinkle over the table cloth

And some props my partner had unearthed... Bear (sitting atop a small heart cushion), Heart-shaped handicrafts, some more faux boxes with no brand ...
(The above being a non-exhaustive list.)

I began an attempt to be artistic in ehm.. let's juz say 'table decor'.
Objective: To create a 'Valentiny' mood.

Apparently moi's attempt worked so well that No one could tell I was selling flowers!
ANd girls were stopping by to

... touch the pendents
... touch the bears
and *shrivels* touch the beads

What is it with females who just have to finger everything that appears in their line of sight??

WRONG target audience
WRONG message
WRONG Marcom

If Lam Shun Yin sees, he'll prolly Parkinson...

In the end moi cannot take it, asked my 'neighbour' to look after my side too and went to Popular to get a black board as backing..
Then i begged my neighbour and a passing siwei to write in BIG FAT FONT on yellow paper

"FLOWERS FOR SALE!"
"A DOZEN AT $35"
and stuck em onto the board along with the flower pics on a borrowed easel.

Pics later...

No comments: