Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Pre-Graduation Blues

Life is filled with choices. 22 years of my life has passed me by and I'm at the brink of being cast out of the life of a student. Once upon a time, I might have balked at taking exams. Rite now, exams seem a lot friendlier than the cut-throat world where one has to contend with bosses, office politics and such. Suddenly school is so much more benign, less stressful and simpler. I have stepped out once in a while during the numerous temp jobs and an internship, but they are not the real thing. Little tiptoes, but I've never really put my foot into it.

What should I do next?
Get a job of course... No job = no $ . But what job?
I'm still unemployed as it is. Hmmm..

Just a random case of pre-graduation jitters.
.....................................................................................................................................................................

On a lighter note,
moi has been discussing this topic with a few frenz recently.
If moi enters the private sector, I must go source for a prospective husband in the civil service.
if moi enters the public sector, then I better list down "working in private sector" as a pre-requisite in my SDU form.

Why??
Public sector --> Assurance of a stable income ie. Iron Rice Bowl (meaning the housing loan will be paid and there's a roof above your head) Medical benefits and such. Moreover, you can always holiday in a gar-ment 'sponsered' chalet even if you plunge into a financial crisis or inter-country travel comes to a standstill due to SARS or Bird Flu.

Private --> Deemed to be more dynamic, more room for growth = Bigger paychecks. Also cutthroat and there is no safety net. Be prepared to be trimmed off during economic downturns and be irrelevant at 40.

Another set of equations:
Public + Public = Boring
private + private = what if both no job?
Public+ Private = just nice

9 comments:

Rockie said...

hello... u make normal day-to-day stuff so humourous... nice read. hope u dun mind a stranger reading though.
;-)

danielng said...

haha wow a secret admirer there. Lol.

And ya.. i do agree with ur permutations. lol

sheepo tan said...

heh... my dear girl, you've got a fan! all the best with finding the best guy that will fulfill the best permutation combination!

33 said...

Haha my dears, this is called appreciation of my writing!

Stormtrooper's Lackey said...

haha,did you pay mr.rockie to compliment you?

33 said...

of cos not! aiyo ...

Anonymous said...

Erm, does Mr Rockie even exist? LOL

Rockie said...

well i hope i do... else i'd hv wasted a lot of your blog space.

btw... just "rockie" will do. "mr" sounds damn uncle. hahah and no i dun hv a "wife" at batam.

danielng said...

wahah this is becoming an interesting forum liao. hey "rookie", care to intro urself alittle? Like you studying or working? Which sch or organization? How old are u? I am assumig you are a guy ya. " )