Friday, July 28, 2006

MK2 - Mystery of 6.5kg

(Back-dated)

My mei mei never fails to amaze me with her intelligence or lack thereoff.

I had just purchased a new washing machine from the Harvey Norman Roadshow at West Mall last Sunday. An entry level model from Samsung at a very good price.

The blur salesman actually called me on Sat to ask if the delivery was on the 23rd, Sunday. After I confirmed with an equally blur ‘Ah..Huhh? Yaa ya its tomolo..’, he proceeded to ask .. “Ah then Miss Leong, what time is the delivery?”.. *faints*

I bet he is swimming in order forms and somehow lost track of his records.

Eventually they got the time wrong still. Supposedly 4-7pm but the delivery guy called moi at 1130am and said he’s coming in half an hour.
“Cos Sunday don’t work so late!”
Resulting in moi rushing to push back tuition by an hour.

But that’s besides the point. I digress.

The point is my mei mei can reali be so innocent dumb at times I dunno whether to laugh or cry.

Yesterday was one of those classic moments.
Last night I got home and plonked down on the sofa as wei1 xian3 ren2 wu4 (aka the jian4 nan2 ren2 show cos it seems in the episodes I’ve caught so far, men either kill their wives, cause loansharks to kill their wives or their wives murder them cos they drove their wives bonkers) was playing on channel 8.

Mei mei treated me to a tiny slice of apple strudel. She sliced one into many pieces you see. But got xim1 la.
And proceeded to complain that the washing machine was so damn heavy she couldn’t move it. That its definitely NOT 6.5kg as stated on its label.

I went ‘Huh? You move it for what? Nothing better to do is it?’
Then it dawned on me what she had been thinking.
*freak*

I said ‘You siao? How can you have no common sense’
True to her MK1 style, she continued, ‘label says 6.5 mah. How come so heavy?’

Moi then asked. Do ovens and fans have labels telling you their weight?

‘No.. for what?’

‘ya.. precisely..for what?’

‘What you mean?’

‘Don’t tell you..so stupid.’

‘Don’t scold me stupid. You then stupid! What?’

‘Wahaha..*evil laugh*’

‘What??’

*More evil laugh*

What is a washing machine for?

“wash clothes..u STUPID!!’

“Ya lor”

“OOOOhh… the weight of the water it can hold!!’

About there I guess…

No comments: