Sunday, November 27, 2005

2x33 = ?

Once again .. once again .. Fate has played a cruel joke.

Here it goes...

On Friday, I informed the product manager that I can't work for a few days and whether it would be alright if I find somebody to take over for the duration.

As i could not confirm who would be taking over, another ger asked if she could refer her friend instead. She called her pal who promptly replied.

The ger who would be taking over is also from NTU.
From Marketing, year 2.
Is a sports camp pageant.

Its all good until...
Until .....
................
..............
........
.......
.....
....
...
...
..
..
..
..
..
.
.

My colleague told me her name is ....
Shan Shan..
I gulped..

Oh man.. I thought... SHeesh..
I know its dumb. I told myself it doesn't matter. But heck it does!
Some super chio bu with the same name is coming in....

I can imagine .. The boys (I call them boys because they really are.. YOUNG. The pre-NS kind of Young.) would go.. oh this Shan Shan is HOT! Wow..

You know its like if there are 2 gers in class called Jasmine and one looks more 'Jasminey' than the other? This happened in my Sec 3 class actually. I only knew there's another ger called Jasmine when I was in Sec 4.. ONE YEAR LATER! One Jasmine is a chio bu dancer. The other well.. is just Jasmine. So normal Jasmine decided to intro herself with her chinese name instead on Day One.

So Miss Hufferphish here decided to be 'cheery' about it and 'prep' everybody for a 'surprise'.
Pre-empting the inevitable comparisons, I decided to be the one to inform them of Shan Shan and conveniently dropped in the fact that she's a chio bu pageant ger, jokingly telling the boys to 'behave'...

So well, I've covered my ass.. More or less anyway.. (Thank goodness there's no such thing as 'Shan Shany'. Unlike names like Mei Ling, Michelle or Elizabeth.)

So honestly.. as juvenile as it sounds. Yeah it matters..and i'm feeling a lil' sore abt it. It certainly doesn't feel very good to have Shan Shan the Pageant take over the work of good old 33 here..

*Sigh*

No comments: