Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Day of Disaster

Just when i thought my gum was happily on its road to recovery, disaster struck.

I had woken up from an afternoon nap. (If you count 4hours a nap.) Drank ice-milo and had some porridge. Watched minority report. Couched in front of the TV for some time.

Logged on using the lappy and boy was i in for a shock.

The antivirus -- AVAST --(Recommended by Spidey), rang non-stop. The alert ws something along the line of sending or isit receiving? too many identical emails. When hell, i wasn't even logged into any email account! I noticed a new icon on that little bar at the bottem right hand corner. And the setting for google search had been changed to Chinese.

You see, my sis loves to log on to Chinese fan sites and ogle at Jolin, F4, FIR, you name it. And listen to songs and whatever clips they post on the sites. These sites are hotbeds for viruses. While i was blissfully asleep leaving the computer on and the modem off, she had taken the liberty to turn on the modem and surf to her heart's content.

I went out and asked her to come in, sit down and look at her handiwork in the "Don't mess with your big Sis" tone, berating her for whatever shit she has downloaded. And the only thing she could say was "i don't know".

I said " Fine, you give me shit like this and only know how to say i don't know, get out."

And man! She said the one other thing besides 'i don't know' --> *Drumrolls please*
--> " Then ni3 jiao4 wo3 jing4 lai2 zuo4 shen3 me4?" in a 'fuck you, you can't do anything to me tone. ' before turning around and focusing on the TV.

Not a single apology, no sign of remorse only 'i don't know' and 'ask me to come in for what'?

That was it. I lost it. With the antivirus still ringing away in the background, i started shouting at her for giving me shit and at her shitty attitude and the next thing i know...

Blood, lots of it. Warm, tangy and slightly salty. I had a whole mouthful of it. I had no idea whether i had overstretched my jaw causing the stitches to come undone or had the clot been dislodged. And i couldn't tell by looking at the mirror, coz each time i spat out the blood, there was more. The sink reminded me of primary school art class. After playing with watercolours, and you start rinsing the red poster colour from your palette.

My ma totally freaked out and kept insisting that i rinse with saltwater to stem the bleeding. (Some warped logic of hers.) If i can't spit them out fast enough, how on earth do i rinse?

I resorted to biting on the gauze the dentist gave me and swallowing the warm fluid. By the third piece of gauze i gave up, changed out of my white tank top (which had a few bloodstains on it, in case i freaked anybody at the clinic out) and decided to go to the 24 hrs clinic a few blocks away.

The doc told me he can't do anything since he's not a dentist. And to go to NUH for a dentist.

And off to to NUH i went. After being examined by a pretty nurse in a uniform with teddy bear prints, (Must be from the the children's ward) I was classified as 'won't drop dead anytime soon' i suppose. After approximately an hour of waiting in total, the dentist came to take a look at me. By then, the bleeding had ceased. And i was told that the stitches were in place, just that the clot had dislodged and a new one had more or less formed. (I think if you're sick and go to NUH A&E, you just need to sit there for a couple of hours to get well, some kind of hospital effect?)

And there you go. I spent $70 at NUH for a big yellow packet of sterile gauze. $7.50 for cab fare to NUH and $10 for the return trip. (Midnite surcharge.)

Only to be greeted by ma who first asked. "The bleeding stopped right?"
I said of coz, how much do you want me to bleed. Thanks to my little sis and her bloody attitude?
(I was still seething...)
And the reply. "Oh YOU scared her just now. It really isn't her fault YOU KNOW. She DIDN'T KNOW."
At that, i had nothing more to say.

And so in my parent's wonderful world, once again i am the villian. I scared her and i shouted at her and hence i deserve to drink my own blood. Its O plus by the way.

When has my sis ever been scared of me anyway? Thanks to my parents really. If my angelic little sis takes a knife and put it through my heart, it would be through no fault of hers. I MUST have provoked her and injured her delicate sensabilities, thereby causing her to behave in a manner atypical of angels and saints.

No comments: