Friday, July 15, 2005

Quest for white pants

Having been instructed specifically to come in white bottoms on Day 2, short of painting my butt white for a day, i had no choice but to embark on a quest for white pants/skirt after work on Day1. After standing around for a whole day in heels, (Having been instructed by one of the office aunties not to wear flats.. only to see her come in flats on Day 1.) the balls of my feet were aching big time. Same goes for Gan Jiong Spider. We traipsed down the Orchard shopping belt and zipped in and out of shops military style. Fast. Focused. Precise. Taka first, Bossini, U2, then Far East, in search of something budget. Fit for a day of work. The skirts at Far East are far too short. Deemed too slutty for work. Moreover there was no way we could sit on the steps (The usual resting spot for gers in Blonde wigs) in skirts that could barely cover your ass. Spidey found her budget pants from Giordano at Lucky Plaza. They were going at half price. Unfortunately they didn't have it in my size.

Desperate and tired, (By then, my whole feet was aching.) i decided to give mango a shot. Chances were slim though. At 70% off and nearing the end of the crazy MNG sale, the store had mostly been stripped bare. I stood by one of the tables, scanning its contents. A swath of white fabric peeped out from the pile of leftovers, beakoning, teasing. I pulled and a pants 'leg' emerged from the tangled mess. I pulled again, this time with more gusto, and out popped a pair of white pants in my size! I parted with $36 bucks *Ouch* and ended my misery.

The next morning, i discovered to my horror that i had a horrible case of VPL. The pants was semi translucent or something. Not VPL actually, since the whole undie was visible. I don't have white seamless undies. Very pale blues simply don't work. Neither does very pale pinks. (Please don't laugh at my choice of undergarments.) Only one choice remained. The FREE nude T-Back - Company freebie. (Maybe they had anticipated this.) They do give the wierdest things don't they? Like 'drink today, expiring tomorrow' milk, dubious bottles of 'soon to expire' Mayonnaise, and of coz the by now famous ' FREE expiring B&J ice-cream that has graced many a birthday celebrations.

I'm digressing. back to panty problem. Now T-backs are basically like G-strings. Miss Hufferphish doesn't wear G-strings. They don't give me a sense of security. I need to feel protected. Not that anybody's gonna attack my butt. But between a very prominently coloured behind and an unprotected one, i chose the latter.

I thought my troubles were over. But by the end of the day i had a rash the size of about 4 50cent coins on my right hip. Gross. It had been itching the whole day. Culprit? The size and laundry instructions tags sewn on the inside of the pants. Nice.

No comments: